2001 Nissan Frontier

Im looking at buying a 2001 Nissan Frontier with 99k miles for $8950.

Anybody have any dealings with this kind of truck? Any kind of problems I should be on the look out for? Any advice??

Reply to
Cat

With that kind of milage I would expect that any shakedown issues would have been resolved long ago. First thing I would check for are records or evidence that all required maintenance was performed at least on schedule. Next thing is to look for rust especially around the bed and wheel wells. Finally I would have a competent mechanic that knows something about Nissan give the truck a pre-purchase inspection.

Edmunds.com is a reliable source of pricing information and they have several brand specific forums to check out.

Reply to
John S.

I have a 2001 Fronntier CrewCab with about 69K miles. It's the small V6, automatic, limited slip rear end. Total repairs have been one brake light, three batteries, front disc brake job, and an alignment. The service manager says I should expect to have rear brakes done when I next get the front done. That will be at about 85K miles. I no longer use Nisssan batteries. The alignment resulted from a curb being in the way as I dodged a fellow having cell phone problems. My gas mileage runs 16 to 19 mpg on about a 50/50 blend of freeway and stop-and-go driving. I have no idea how all that stacks up against other vehicles or drivers. One of the two recalls had to do with the fuel system wiring corrosion prevention. That's probably very important in some parts of the continent. I don't remember what the other was for. I like my truck and I can afford to drive it.

Reply to
wheatley13

Two comments...

That fuel mileage can be attained with a fullsize v8 engine, thanks for the heads up, because i have been considering buying a nissan to replace my 5.3 chev ext cab z71

and i had no idea nissan batteries didn't last!

Reply to
Picasso

I've had much better luck with Nissan batteries than others. My Nissan batteries have lasted 4-6 years in Texas vs. Honda/Acura batteries that have never bested 2 years and aftermarket batteries that have never done better than 3 years.

Reply to
E Meyer