2001 SOHC FORD Intake Gasket problem

I am about to my take Ford Explorer Sport into the shop for what I think is this intake manifold gasket problem I've read a lot about. What can I expect money-wise since this is a problem Ford is aware of ? I understand its a service bulletin item with them.

Reply to
norm

$8.95 in parts and &500.00 in labor. Sorry for the bad news.

Reply to
JoeFields

more like 650 in labor. I just had it done at the dealer. Got it back yesterday. It wasn't covered under the Ford service bulletin by about 10,000 miles.

so... at least one Ford mechanic in my town will eat this week.

They tried to get me to let them do a 500.00 tune up too, and I declined it.

ahhhh, the feeling of releasing all that money at once....ahhhhhh aint it great?! :)

Reply to
norm