2001 Stratus Heater only Blows on High:

Hi a buddy came over yesterday with his 2001 Dodge Stratus complaining that the heater blower only works on high. I read something about the blower resistor failing in some models am I heading in the right direction and does any Technician know where it is located?

Thanks a bunch,

Bush

Reply to
Bush

I don't know exactly, but maybe I can help you find it.

On my Dodge van, the resistor is mounted in the air plenum accesible under the hood. It has about 5 wires going to a plug which fits into this resistor. On mine, the resistor wasn't basically bad, but the plug was burned.

So look on the air plenum under the dash, under the hood, and on the firewall for starters.

Remember that the fan control switch could also be bad. It isn't necessarily the resistor.

Reply to
HLS

It's under the I/P, behind the glove box, in the HVAC housing.

Reply to
SamMan