2001 Tahoe Trouble... Factory Warranty?

Reply to
Dave Shepherd
2001 Tahoe... evaporative canister (5.3L) is plugged... won't vent even though vent solenoid is working fine. ECM code 440... wouldn't this be covered under factory emissions warranty? The extended warranty company is demanding a leak-down test on the vehicle to show it is plugged. What would cause this to plug up? It has just over 50,000 miles.

Thanks all,

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1

Are you saying they are still covered? Or look to see IF they are still covered? How long are these components required to be covered from the factory? Also, the filter is clear. They want to do a 1/2 hr. long leak-down test tomorrow for the adjuster. What should we show the warranty company? Do you have any reference, website, eg., for the 440 code(SES light was on). Thanks.

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1

The catalytic converter and powertrain module are required to be covered for

8 years or 80,000 miles. All other emission components are required to be covered for only 2 years or 24,000 miles.
Reply to
Robert Hancock

Reply to
Dave Shepherd

My extended warranty company told me that they don't cover emissions control parts that malfunction UNLESS they cause the car to actually run badly. IOW, if the car runs ok but is failing emissions, they won't pay to fix it. I don' t understand that logic but that's how their bumper to bumper warranty is written; it's one of the few exclusions.

Reply to
AZGuy