2002-2003 Camry 4-cyl Questions

When idling, does your car make what sounds like the continuous coo of a dove from the engine compartment? I hear this on mine, and just want to find out if it is normal. You do not hear it inside the car - only from outside. I have tried the alternate gears / A/C on-off, and it does not make a difference in the sound. It is ever present, even though it becomes more drowned out by revving the engine slightly.

Also, is there any guidelines for what constitues excessive blow-by? When I pull the oil fill cap from the valve cover, there is quite a bit of air flow from that opening even at idle. Is that normal?

I just want to make sure that things are settled in right. Thanks for any response.

Reply to
BrEK