2002 Chev g3500 one ton van running lights problem

The first question is can I get these to be off during the day? I've been told that this is built into the design and cannot be circumvented. On my wife's 2000 Bravada pressing the override button 4 times will accomplish this, but this trick does not work on my van. Secondly, the running lights, (which seem to be the headlight low beams) sometimes flicker constantly during daytime running rather than being on steady. This will occur sporadically. I've also noticed that when they do stay on they're not as bright as when you manually turn the headlight switch on. A GM mechanic said that it was probably a bad headlight switch. But why or how could a switch cause a predictible and constant, at the same frequency, flicker? There is no trouble during night time operation. Thanks, Lenny.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

here is a reply to a daytime driving lights question on another site. maybe it will give you a place to start.

Why don't the 'daytime driving lights' work on a 1999 GMC Suburban anymore?

Make sure your parking brake is all the way off. If you notice, whenever you step on the parking brake, it turns the driving lights OUT. Even one click on the parking brake may be causing them to not come on. Otherwise check your fuses and there is a relay for the running lights also. Check that as well.

Check the DRL diode. It is located just left of center under the dash. Has one screw holding it to the cross bar; kind of a pain to get to, but fixed the problem.

Reply to
boxing