2002 Ford Taurus Transaxle

When my 2002 Ford Taurus is parked up a slight incline, it leaks a lot of transmission fluid.

It appears to be leaking from the gasket at the rear of the transaxle, but it may be leaking from somewhere above the gasket.

Assuming the gasket was the easiest thing to replace, I decided to do that.

When I removed the transaxle pan, I found a round magnet sitting on the bottom of the pan.

(1) Is there supposed to be a round magnet sitting on the bottom of the transaxle pan?

(2) When I replace the gasket, if the leak is still present, where else should I look for the source of the leak?

Thanks!

Joe

Reply to
Joe

OMG... no. There shouldn't be a round magnet there - someone must have snuck in in the middle of the night and put it there...

Just kidding.... yes... the magnet is there from new... but it is still an odd question....

If you still have a leak after you replace the gasket.... why not wait and see if you still have a leak after you replace the gasket?

OMG... no. There shouldn't be a round magnet there - someone must have snuck in in the middle of the night and put it there...

Just kidding.... yes... the magnet is there from new... but it is still an odd question....

If you still have a leak after you replace the gasket.... why not wait and see if you still have a leak after you replace the gasket?

Fuck the usenet police...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Jim,

Thanks for the prompt and informative response.

OMG... You had me going there for a minute!

In the past, you have always been so level-headed...

Why the "Fuck the usenet police..." comment?

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Some prefer posting replies before the quoted question. Some prefer posting after the quoted question. Some prefer posting in the middle, or all over the place. Many (the "police") berate others for not posting in their particular style.

I prefer after (bottom posting), or during (middle posting) as it has more of a natural "flow" to it, much like regular conversation, and is handy for those who have either not read the previous posts, or do not have access to them due to servers dropping them, or whatever other reason.

Those who post their answers before the original text (top posting), claim that it speeds up their reading, since they don't have to (as they put it) "scroll all the way through a long post to find the next comment".

I have noticed that most top posters (and to a lesser extent bottom posters) have never heard of the concept of "editing", leading to 6,000 line posts with only a few words added at the beginning (or end, depending on the responder).

Top posters also claim that their way is correct since the "default" screen when you hit "reply" puts the cursor at the top. I think it's so you can reply to (or edit out) each idea presented in a post one at a time, instead of just adding a blanket comment that may be difficult to match to the correct sub-sub-sub reply in a post.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Jim,

I hope you interpretted my previous post to be supportive of your positions.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

MasterBlaster put it) "scroll all the way through a long post to find the next comment".

That's fine, and they can do it on whatever messaging system they prefer, but we do not do that on Usenet. This is Usenet, and we follow the Usenet rules here.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Some people complain about it, Scott, but we actually do top post on Usenet when it suits the occasion because it doesnt hurt anything.

This is a pedantic rule, IMO, but anyone who wants to do it certainly can.

Reply to
HLS