2003 1500 Hemi - good price?

I have been offered the following vehicle for $18,500 I think it's a good price, but it's hard to tell from the web searches I found. Anyone have any experience here?

2003 SLT 1500 Quad-Cab 5.7L Hemi 20" wheels 21,000 miles (owned by a friend, synthetic oil) bedliner, tonneau, Power adjustable pedals. Laramie grille All the usual - CD, PDL, Remote locking, PW

The only thing I don't like about it is the seats - the cushion is too short for good thigh support, and the back is too firm.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Price is good & quite tempting, but you'll never be comfy in it. Seats aren't like shoes--they do NOT fit better with age. I've a spinal disease and some vehicles I just cannot ride in or drive--that's why I've been driving same '94 Toyota Kcab since '97. I've driven wife's Taurus's, Concours's, DeVilles, Sevilles, Park Ave's, Bonnevilles, and LeSabres--none which fit my back as well as my pkp. Reckon the 2 Sevilles came closest. But, not even the B'ville with the SSEI "wrap-around bolster" seats could I drive very far. HTH & good luck. Take care of that back! PS: >

sdlomi

|> 2003 SLT 1500 Quad-Cab |> 5.7L Hemi |> 20" wheels |> 21,000 miles (owned by a friend, synthetic oil) |> bedliner, tonneau, |> Power adjustable pedals. |> Laramie grille |> All the usual - CD, PDL, Remote locking, PW |>

|> The only thing I don't like about it is the seats - the cushion is too |short for |> good thigh support, and the back is too firm. |>

|> Rex in Fort Worth | Price is good & quite tempting, but you'll never be comfy in it. Seats |aren't like shoes--they do NOT fit better with age. I've a spinal disease |and some vehicles I just cannot ride in or drive--that's why I've been |driving same '94 Toyota Kcab since '97. I've driven wife's Taurus's, |Concours's, DeVilles, Sevilles, Park Ave's, Bonnevilles, and LeSabres--none |which fit my back as well as my pkp. Reckon the 2 Sevilles came closest. |But, not even the B'ville with the SSEI "wrap-around bolster" seats could I |drive very far. | HTH & good luck. Take care of that back! |PS: >

Rex B

The dealer is a weasel. They got an offer of more money and he said go ahead and sell it. There are lots of similar stories out there dealing with trade-ins. You should have gone down with your buddy when he dropped it off if you wanted it.

Reply to
bobby

When the 300M came out people complained of short seats. I found them short but got used to them and now find others too long.

searches I found.

Reply to
Art Begun

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:34:49 -0600, bobby wrote:

> [...]

Good advice, as I also have back irregularities. |> I may take a look around for a Toyota. |> Also I had forgotten about nada.com |> |> BTW, I was expecting to go close the deal on this Dodge Tuesday night. I had |> determined it was a good price, while not exactly a bargain. The sales manager |> for the dealership called me that afternoon and said "I'm sorry, but that truck |> has been sold. Our used car manager did not oknow there was a hold on it". |> Which of course is BS, they wanted the truck because they could turn it |> immediately. |> So I'm back to shopping, or possible re-powering my '94 F150. |> |> Thanks for the input, all |> |> Rex in Fort Worth | |The dealer is a weasel. They got an offer of more money and he said go ahead |and sell it. There are lots of similar stories out there dealing with |trade-ins. You should have gone down with your buddy when he dropped it off if |you wanted it.

Hind-sight is 20-20. At the time I did not know if it was a good deal, and I hadn't seen the truck since it was a day old, last year. Even after I saw it, I found the seats to be very uncomfortable. No great loss, but yes, the dealer is a weasel, and we are being charitable at that. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

My wife has a 300M. The seats are better than that truck, but not as good as the ones in our VW Beetle. Of course, I'm very long-legged, so the deficiency is in thigh support. Your mileage (leggage?) may vary.