2003 Accord front Brakes with ABS

Havent done brakes for a few years so is there anything special I need to know for replacing front pads on this car? I usually just undo caliper bolts, compress pad with a c-clamp, scuff rotors if still ok and replace pads. Probably go with ceramics as that is what was original. Thanks

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Mart

"Mart" wrote in news:j8f3u3$9jo$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Where are you located?

Reply to
Tegger

how can that be relevant????????

Reply to
jim beam

no difference from conventional brakes - procedure as you describe. i have two comments though:

  1. i'd open the bleed nipples before compressing the pistons, then close them once done. that way, you're not forcing old fluid back through the system - and now is a good time to bleed your braking system in its entirety.
  2. the price difference between aftermarket and genuine honda pads is so low, it's not worth not using the genuine article. and honda pads come with the necessary anti-squeal shims and a little sachet of silicone/moly brake lube.

also, scuffing is unnecessary on most oem honda disk/pad combinations. the pads contain a little abrasive sufficient to keep the disks clean and healthy. "little" being the key word on a honda, unlike bmw that spec such a high silica content, you need to change the disks just as often as you do pads.

Reply to
jim beam

Thanks Jim!

I forgot about opening that bleedin bleeder screw. Will check Honda's pad prices, avg jobber is around $40 CAD. Are you the Jim in the machinist forums?

Reply to
mk

just buy online. if you go to tegger.com, he's got a useful list of oem honda suppliers with decent pricing.

nope.

Reply to
jim beam