2003 Mazda Tribute:Noise from Roof?

Hi,

My 2003 Mazda Tribute makes a strange clunking sound most of the time when I hit a bump in the road. I tried to trace the sound and it seems to be coming from inside the roof in the very back. I tried oiling the hinge to the trunk and removing the crossbars from the roof rack. Neither of these helped. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this noise?

Thanks in advance, Jeff

Reply to
jtlange