2003 SUZUKI AERIO SX Knock Sensor Code P0327 (Mitsubishi part)

2003 SUZUKI AERIO SX (AKA Liana) Knock Sensor Code P0327 (Mitsubishi part n umber KS170) The Suzuki Knock sensor is located on the back of the engine block Dead cen ter just below the Cylinder head. I am surprised that I couldn't find other posts about it. I think the Engineers purposely put it in the hardest possible place to get at. It is a simple construction and simply screws out and the new one screws in . and only a single 6 inch wire with a connector.

To get to it, I had to lift the car up really high so I could really slide around underneath. remove the R/F tire, the RS belt protector. There is a bar between the head and the engine held by 2 14mm bolts that ha s to come off. I also had to cut a tie wrap off of the wire harness that is almost against the sensor so that I could unscrew it all the way. then I w as able to get a large open end wrench onto the sensor to unscrew it. Each bolt is a process in itself to remove due to the limited space but jus t keep trying. and yes, it did solve the problem and the engine light is now off. Thanks, crzzy1

Reply to
thecjguy1

lol. They couldn't care less if it's easy or hard to get to. Just that it works, (and makes it past warranty).

Congrats on fixing your own car.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh