2004 Avalanche - Complete Electrical failure - CAme good again

I have a 2004 Chevy Avalanche. Last night, I drove into my driveway and turned the ignition switch to off. Immediately, there was no electrical activity at all: no lights, no radio, turning the key to start produced nothing. Because I park outdoors and it was very dark, I decided to wait until morning to diagnose the problem.

This morning, I opened the vehicle door to pull the hood latch, and I saw the dome light on! Hmmm, I had electricity. Using my digital voltmeter, I measured the battery voltage at the battery terminals and got 12.56 volts - fully charged. I turned the key, and the car started and ran perfectly. Later today, the electrical was still working.

What could have happened?

Is there some inline circuit breaker which overheated, cutting all electricity until it cooled down?

Reply to
Richard

You could be describing a bad main power connection being 'very' polite to you by giving you notice before the battery dies or it up and quits.

I would be cleaning the battery cable ends. Don't forget the cables have two ends each...

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > I have a 2004 Chevy Avalanche. Last night, I drove into my driveway and turned
Reply to
Mike Romain