2005 Mustang V6 Puking Out Coolant-Why?

Car is a 2005 Mustang V6 Con'v with 112k miles......Upon coming home late t he other night, I pulled into my driveway & shut of the car. About an hour later, I walked out to get something out of the car...I looked behind it an d there was anti-freeze running out (I was parked on a very slight incline so it was running under the car towards the back) I moved the car and there was about 2, maybe 3 gals of coolant on the ground! Radiator tank was dry. I refilled it and saw NOTHING leaking out-not a drop. waited until the nex t morning and checked it again-still nothing. What's worse, I cannot find w here it is leaking out of...the closest I can see is approx form the front driver's side of the radiator but again, upon refilling it is NOT leaking! Any idea on what's going on here? Thanks in advance for any help!

Reply to
cannedsonshine

It's bubbling out of the overflow tank. Better get the system pressure-tested and hope it's not the head.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:mqgt4l$l7h$ snipped-for-privacy@panix2.panix.com:

or the rad end tanks are leaking. plastic ends suck. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Hit your local parts store and rent/borrow a cooling system pressure test kit. Make sure the system is full and run a pressure test. There are many times that a leak only happens under pressure. The test kit will allow you to pressurize the system and release the pressure without having to deal with HOT coolant.

As for what is leaking? Could be just about anything.

Reply to
Steve W.