2006 Chevy Impala Rough Idle

Recently I had a scare with my 2006 Chevy Impala. I was in a parking space, still in drive, when the idle dipped low and the lights went very dim and I thought it was going to die. I didn't have any problems while in motion. I had the battery checked, and indeed, it was corroded. I had it replaced and had an oil change. But it seems that it still idles not so smoothly. It hasn't done the whole dieing thing again, but I am afraid that it will. It also seems to change between gears choppily. Theres not any noise or anything troublesome, just not smooth.

My vehicle is not under warranty and I am in college and can't afford a great deal and don't want to be ripped off at the mechanics, so any advice would be great!

Reply to
foxruairi

ROY BRAGG

Likely the ecu settings were wiped during the battery??? replacement. I would run it for a few days to let it re-learn your driving habits then go from there.

Reply to
Paul