2006 Infiniti FX35 Intelligent Cruise Control Failure

Just under 3 months ago I purchased a 2006 Infiniti FX35 with all the bells & whistles - it had the three items I required in a luxury class SUV: Nav, Intelligent Cruise Control, Backup Camera. Since then I've had a problem of the Intelligent Cruise Control acting up. Sometimes it "sees" cars that are not there and applies the brakes while beeping to announce that I need to take over (because the invisible car is so close we may have a collision), or, and more often, it randomly shuts itself off. When it shuts itself off the set speed goes to -- (dash dash). Hitting the resume button restores the set speed, but this only remains active for a few seconds or minutes and then it goes back to -- and the car slows down. If I pull off to the side of the road, shut the car off, turn the car on, then the Intelligent Cruise Control will begin to work as it should. This happens both when driving towards the sun, and driving away from the sun - I've tried to find ways to reproduce this but nothing stands at.

I gave the dealership the car for 3 full days (dropped it off at 7am on Tuesday, picked it up late afternoon on Friday) to service the car but they were unable to diagnose or duplicate the problem. The problem is difficult to reproduce, you may have to drive with the cruise control active for 20-25 minutes, but I do experience this problem numerous times each week.

Has anyone else had this problem and know how their dealership corrected it? I'm currently awaiting a call back from the dealership to see if they can install some type of monitoring system in the vehicle - I could drive it for a week and capture this problem happening a number of times - though I'm not sure if Infiniti has such monitoring systems.

Any information that could help my Infiniti Dealer correct this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! James F.

Reply to
jamesfabin