3 minutes to steel a BMW

there's a fundamental conundrum here:

secure, reliable, cheap.

pick any two.

and of course, it has to be serviceable by a dealer. and with respect, a manufacturer /cannot/ rely on the dealer being able to hire and retain rocket surgeons - everything has to be "simplified".

Reply to
jim beam

In DC they don't even bother with that, they just have a flatbed, pull it up behind your car, jack it up and drive it off. By the time anyone notices, it's gone.

They have folks who will steal cars on order when particular parts are needed. So you're probably safe until someone needs a door for a 135i in carbonschwartz and then the spotters that drive around the city will find your car and call it in.

Either you can get a very common car, which means they have more choices and are less likely to find your car, or you can get a very uncommon car, meaning they probably won't get an order for yours.

Cars can be stolen very quickly, very easily. Anti-theft technology just makes it different to steal. Personally, I don't lock my car... thieves see an unlocked car and figure there's nothing to bother with inside it...

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Some people are kind enough to leave their keys in the car. Watch out, it might be a bait car.

Reply to
JR

" A simpler solution might be to move the ports to a position in the car where access will definitely trigger the motion sensors, or to seclude the ports behind a flap that triggers the alarm."

Or simply require the car be turned on for the port to function as it has to be in every OBD2 system I've used.

Simple fix for BMW owners: hidden switch that distrupts the OBD2 port's functionality or a good old fashioned kill switch.

Reply to
Brent

Wow. You really have a mental health / character issue that requires help. This face saving effort of yours is simply beyond belief. Why not just accuse me of flat-earthism and start from there. It makes about as much sense. You keep displaying absolutely despicable behavior. Do you behave like this in person as well or is it just on usenet?

Reply to
Brent