4 hours needed to replace two struts...

It took a mechanic 4 hours to replace two front struts. Normal? :)

Reply to
mikesmith9999

Depends on the car, and how the front end is built. Also depends a whole lot on how rusty the thing is. I've spent four hours just trying to get one of the damn things out on a rusty Escort.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Depends on the make and model. Some cars you have to compress and remove the coil springs. On some models, you don't.

Reply to
Kruse

Thanks. I feel reassured. :)

Reply to
mikesmith9999

As the others have said, "depends". This seems slow for a typical job, though.

Did this include the time he should have spent re-aligning the front end?

The last time I did this sort of job, a couple of years ago, it took me about 2.5 hours (no alignment). I have an impact wrench, floor jack, and spring compressors....in other words nothing fancy.

Reply to
HLS