47 door locks

Hi guys Ive come across what I believe is a 47 ford 1-1/2 ton truck. The key is in the ignition. There is a lock on the passenger door, but not on the driver door. I'm trying to get the driver door open by slipping a hooked welding rod thru and tugging on the door handle but no luck popping the latch. My dad had a 52 and if I remember right, did the door lock with the handle, by pushing it forward and then it would release and open the door by pulling rearward? Is that the same with a 47? From what I can see by prying on the door a little, that there is only the rectangle slide latch that is holding the door closed. Any suggestions? Are there and illustrations for the door parts ? thanks mailman

Reply to
mailman

"mailman" wrote

"Come across"?

Couldn't you just wait for the owner to come back from vacation, and ask him for the easiest way to steal his truck?

Reply to
MasterBlaster

On Jul 21, 4:05 pm, "MasterBlaster" > hooked welding rod thru and tugging on the door handle but no luck

HA! HA! very funny --the fatherinlaw said load it up!

Reply to
mailman

I have always, and I do mean, always, wanted to own a 1947 Ford pickup truck.I don't want to steal one though.

By the way, that 1956 Ford two tone black and white car is still sitting there, about seven houses down the street from me.If that guy is trying to sell that car, evidently he isn't trying very hard.I might step over there next week and ask him if the car is for sale and how much money. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin