4T60-E Trans Question -

Greetings all,

Am hoping someone here can help with a few questions I have. I'm beginning an overhaul of a 4T60-E transaxle from a '93 Buick. I rebuilt transmissions for a living until 1981, but aside from a few mid '60s Riviera's & '70s Eldorados, this Buick is the first FWD tranny that I've touched for over 2 decades, and I've never touched this particular model before.

I have the ATSG manual and the video too, but can't find any reference regarding how to remove the external drive components (output shafts?) that the inner CV joints mate with. I don't even know what they're called! LOL. I started to disassemble the thing, thinking that maybe it had some internal C-clips or something, but from what I'm seeing, I have to get these external pieces off of the final drive(s)/output shafts, etc, or I won't be able to dissemble it much further. Ironically, these are absent from both the manual *and* the video as well, so I can't find any reference there either. Apparently the assumption is that the technician already knows how to remove these before overhauling the tranny. (I wish!) Can someone here please shed some light on this? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--mike

Reply to
MJW