5W20 Oil

Does anyone sell 5W20 Oil in gallon or 5-quart jugs? I've only been able to find it in quart bottles.

Reply to
Wilbur Fry

Mass-market brands of 5W20 available in larger jugs include Motorcraft

and I thinkExxon Superflo
There are doubtless others.

Many of not most brands can be bought in 5 gallon buckets from oil jobbers, but then you have to either pump it up or risk a major backache and/or a re-enactment of the Torrey Canyon disaster in your own street gutter by lifting it.

Whether any given outpost of any particular retailer devotes shelf space to the larger sizes is another question, of course. They might be willing to special order them for you, or perhaps you could do that through their website, especially if you want a case rather than just one jug.

Truck stops, for obvious reasons, also carry oil by the keg, but their selection runs more toward what diesels need, and that probably overlaps with you only if you want to run a 5W40 synthetic.

--Joe

Reply to
Ad absurdum per aspera

Reply to
Mike Walsh

Motorcraft 5W20 can be had at walmart in 5qt or gallon bottles. Not sure which, but I know for a fact I saw it there.

Reply to
Imknotright

heya wilber, i manage a quick-lube center in my area and we have 5w20 motor oil in bulk tanks now that practically every new ford requires that particular weight on their new vehicle warranties. also, honda has made a move to 5w20 motor oils so.......maybe there is a quick-lube or speedy lube or equivelant in your area that would sell the oil to you in whatever quanity you might want...just a thought.

Reply to
plainoldmechanic