6.5 diesel won't crank

my friend has a 6.5 diesel that won't crank in this cold weather. He has it plugged in but it still won't crank. Does anyone know if doing this ford solenoid modification to his gm will help?

hubcit

org/unfaq/solenoid.htm

has he used any kind of anti-gel additive/conditioner?

Reply to
m6onz5a

start with some ether, run that old diesel out and start fresh. why mod? the sumb--ch run fine 50000 miles. fix whats wrong or just leave beside the road, set fire to it, give it to me.

Reply to
wws

org/unfaq/solenoid.htm

Won't crank as in the starter will not turn the flywheel and crankshaft at all? Or it spins the crankshaft but does not start?

Reply to
John S.

org/unfaq/solenoid.htm

Old batteries make trouble in cold weather. Any lead-acid battery loses something like 80% of its cranking power at 0°F and tired one is just hopeless. Bad solenoids, corroded/dirty/oil battery cables, and so on will add to the problem. Spending time and money on batteries and antifreeze and lighter oil and block heaters and/or new block heater cords and battery blanket heaters BEFORE winter is seldom a bad investment.

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Thomas_nospam