'86 Bronco II Trouble Code 15 Help

My '86 Bronco II has been intermittently stalling several seconds after startup. I'm reading a trouble code 15 in continuos memory. The book says it's an "EEC keep alive memory test failure", but doesn't say how to troubleshoot this. Could this be causing the stalling problem? It seems to happen after the vehicle has been run and then stopped for a few minutes to a few hours. How do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Mark Mc

Reply to
Mark Mc

According to

code 15 in continuous memory simply indicates that the keep-alive memory power was interrupted at some point "recently", probably because the battery was disconnected. Not sure how long ago it would have to have been for that to show up. Code 15 showing up from key-on engine-off would indicate no keep-alive power to the ECM or a bad ECM.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Does anyone know where I can find a pinpoint procedure for trouble code 15? Thanks, Mark Mc

Reply to
Mark Mc