86 Ford Bronco II clutch

Have a friend's 86 Ford Bronco II sitting here. The clutch takes hold at the very top of the stroke of the pedal. Is this normal? There is no adjust at the master cylinder end and the slave cylinder appears to be inside the bell housing... The clutch does not appear to slip.

Thanks for any inputs.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

In most cars I've had, that means the clutch is worn out. Hydraulic systems are usually self-adjusting, hence the lack of adjustment.

Reply to
Bob Courtemanche

Reply to
Jerry Foster

Probably normal. Those thinge all had a very touchy clutch pedal & are prone to many stalls until you get used to them. The slave is integrated into the throwout bearing assy. , which is why you don't see an external one. If the clutch functions normally otherwise, I wouldn't get excited. Drive it, if it doesn't slip, run it, when he gets used to the "feel" of the pedal it'll run along time without replacement, especially if it's only 7k old. Good luck.

Reply to
pater