'87 Chevy Nova wont start

Hi My 87 nova wont start. i was driving it, it started to stall out, then wouldnt restart. when cranking, ithas a high pitched crank. it seems as if it isnt getting fuel because i cant smell gas at the carburator. any ideas what the problem is? thanks in advance.

Reply to
abdmalik1

I would be pulling off the distributor cap and seeing where the rotor was when the engine is on the timing mark. Or seeing if the rotor even turns at all when cranking....

Sounds like a broken timing chain to me.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Timing belt

Reply to
TOLYN9

Listen to fuel pump. Try starter fluid, but first, open the oil cap and see if the rocker arm is kicking - means t-belt.

Reply to
Ricky Spartacus