87 Labaron, stalling

I have a 87 Labaron that stalls for no apparent reason, usually after driving a few miles. If I try to start it without turning the key to the off position it won't start, if I turn the key off first than it starts. I also get a massage on the message center that says "loss of power", and sometimes it seems to happen when the transmission shifts. Anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
jrb