88 Ford Bronco II shuts off

I'm working on a 88 Ford Bronco two that randomly dies and won't restart. So far I've replaced the IAC because it wasn't working, the fuel filter because it was on backwards (with directional flow), and a cleaned out the throttle bodies because of carbon buildup. The fuel pump seems to put out 30psi consistenly the three times I tested it. And the ignition system seems to be in good shape. My guess is the fuel pump but I dont want to put it in if its still giving good pressure. Any other ideas?

Reply to
blur

Does it die: - when driving, or only during idling, or both? - when engine is cold, hot, or both?

When it dies and you turn the key off, then on, do you hear the fuel pump?

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Along with checking the ignition and the fuel pump, check the fuel pump inertia switch, designed to shut off the fuel pump in the event of a crash. Normally it's an item you don't even think about, but when they go bad they sometimes have intermittant problems instead of a complete failure.

Reply to
Kruse