89 Chevy K-1500 4WD volt meter woes

While fixing the many "little" things on my work truck, I'd like some advice on what to look for regarding my volt meter. It doesn't read anything. The schematic doesn't show the meter, so I'm lost as to where to start. Any clues to get me from where I am now, to a volt meter that reads correctly??? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
kellyscustom

Measure the voltage between the chassis and the wire at the meter. If you have correct voltage there, the meter is bad. If you do not, follow the wire out until it gets to the accessory buss and look for a break.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey