89 Mercury Tracer (mazda 323) steering wheel and brake pedal vibrations

Well i can't seem to figure this one out. Make a long story short. Had

115k miles on the car and had what i thought was warped rotors. The great engineers at mazda blessed this car with the rotor being attached to the hub from behind design, not the usual honda caliper holds on rotor design. So i had taken it to a friends friend who had most of the tools need including a impact wrench which i didn't have for the job. Well we ended up needing to change the outer bearings because the seals were cut and thus we did but never the inners in (which seems to be okay from what i read). Everything was good for about 50 miles at which point my car would vibrate like nuts under braking on the highway. Shorten that story alittle. The bolt that holds the whole brakes assembly on the drivers side was kinda loose so thus the whole brakes assembly, bearings, etc. weren't on tight for a good 100-200 miles that i drove it at that time. Well the violent shaking is still there at any braking above 35 mph BUT without the really bad noise which i assumed was from the loose bearings, rotor, etc. So it being a 115k car i figured maybe something else gave out from that vibration as the rotor does not move so the bearings seem fine. I changed the ball joints and tie rod ends today and it still does the same exact thing. Basicly at anything above 35 mph if i even touch the brake pedal the steering wheel and brake pedal vibrate a good bit. Its the worst at 35-45 mph but above that its bad but just not as bad. Either way i resort to down shifting on the highway when possible because the brakes essentially are useless and scare me to use when i need to get somewhere. Anybody have any ideas? I'm thinking maybe the inner bearing on that side where it was loose might be going out or needs to be preloaded again i dunno. Let me know any ideas, no matter how far fetched! :) Thanks!
Reply to
Tazman