90 Honda Accord Automatic DEAD Please help

I have a 90 Honda Accord automatic tranny. I was having a problem with D4 and reverse, changed the tranny and got reverse no D4 someone said it was the computer A/T I replaced. Still same thing but the A/T was bad. I had that person tell me it was the gear shift position console switch. ( I don't know the exact name) It is located directly under the shift with alot of wires plugged in it with two screws mounting it. the shift is in the floor. After I replaced this it it seemed that it would not go in park good so I unplugged the backup fuse 7.5 under the hood to reset the A/T computer for a few seconds and the car would not restart. It is just dead you can jumpstart it with a screwdriver and it runs if you don't switch it off. When you cut it off it will not start you hear the click,click,click, and the fuel pump.I Had a new solenoid put on the starter after I took the starter off also.I replaced starter still dead. This has really puzzled me. OH ALSO THE BACKUP LIGHTS WILL NOT COME ON. All of the lights come on in the dash except for the lights the circle the gears like park,neutral, reverse etc. I also have to take the key to disengage the shift from park. I tried a different key and also changed the ignition harness. I tried to detail all that I have already done. Thanks Please help. No one knows what the problem is I need someone who has heard of this. Has to be jumpstarted to crank.

Reply to
showoff38

Never having seen the gear selector in a 90 Accord, I could be way off, but it sounds to me like all of your problems (not starting, reverse lights, some needing the key to get it out of park) could be related to the selector being out of adjustment. Have you adjusted everything to within spec?

Reply to
JM