91 Blazer won't start

Hello all. I have a 91 S10 blazer with a fuel injected v6 that won't start. I drove It home last night with no problems and this morning It won't start. It will turn over, and start and sputter weakly then die right away. I changed the fuel filter to make sure there was no blockage there, and I think I can hear the fuel pump hum when I turn the key to on but i'm not

100% sure. One thing that I never noticed before was when i had the hood up with the key on there was some sort of module making a constant, light buzzing noise and there was an odd odor emanting from around the area. I'm kinda stumped. I'm hoping It's not the fuel pump as It's In the gas tank and thats too much for me to undertake. I'm thinking about changing the Oil pressure switch such thats cheap and easy to try first. Any ideas or input would be most welcome.

thanks

Reply to
Dsteenbock

Can you check the fuel pressure?

Where was that buzzing noise coming from, can you be more specific?

My info shows the pump relay to be underhood--driverside, on the firewall, in relay block.

Were there any trouble codes? On some of these systems, the computer monitors the voltage on the fuel pump circuit, no voltage when there should be and the computer sets a code. I'm not sure about your model.

The oil pressure switch and pump relay, both, supply voltage to the fuel pump, parallel circuits, One circuit fails, the vehicle still runs because of voltage through the other circuit. If they're both faulty you have a problem.

If you can rule out the fuel system, we can try something else.

Reply to
jdl

"Dsteenbock" wrote in news:7LeQg.112$uJ2.85@dukeread03:

if you are really curious if fuel pump is running ; got to wiring at pump and jump 12Vpos to gray wire in loom. that is input for pump voltage. if you hear it running that still doesnt mean you have pressure as their is a short hose splice between pump and plumbing inside tank that i have seen fail many times in the last 25 yers...........spray starter fluid in throttle body while cranking to figure out if its fuel starved.

Reply to
KjunRaven

I dont have a pressure gauge, but I know a friend who does so I'll try to borrow It. Question though, Is It still useful If I can't start It? Will there be some residual pressure I can check?

On the passenger side. It's mounted pretty much on the firewall. A small silver module of some sort. I havn't bought a Haynes manual yet, I'm going to pick one up today and find out what It Is.

I definately can hear something click on for a few seconds an then off when I turn the key to the on position. I'm going to try to get someone to stand by the gas tank and listen to see If thats where It's coming from. thanks for the tips.

Reply to
Dsteenbock

Are you getting spark.. IF not .. look in the distributor and change the module..

Bass

Reply to
Bassasasin

I'm going to check the spark later today. I checked my fuses last night, and theres a 3 Amp one labeled Crank. The fuse was very corroded and cracked, so I replaced It, but the terminal Is also very corroded in the fuse block. What does the crank fuse control?

Reply to
Dsteenbock