91 regal 3800 Damper removal

Trying to replace the crank sensor on this '91 Regal 3800. Got the bolt out but can't budge the damper. Other Buicks I've worked on the damper just pulled off. I tried a 3 bolt puller and it looked like it just stressed the damper so I stopped. Is there a special tool or technique?

I've done this on a '90 LeSabre with no problems other than loosening the bolt.

TIA.

Reply to
Bob La Rocca

Shep