92 civic 1.5L block heater install help plz

Hey guys Im hopin' someone can help me out here. Im going to install a block heater on my 92 civic DX 1.5L and the instructions that come with the heater are a little vague. From what I can figure out, it installs in the coolant drain plug located on the front right of the block. Just below and to the side of the exhaust manifold. Im hoping someone can tell me for sure if this is correct before I go and pop out that plug. Ive only ever installed these heaters on older trucks that have frost plugs that pop out. Never had to install one like this before. thanks a ton for any advice you guys can provide on this. Thanks!

Reply to
psikelly

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1167948753.012134.254680 @s80g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

The plug is between the upper rad hose and the exhaust manifold, just below the seam between head and block, and almost under the manifold itself. It's a 19mm socket as I recall.

You will need a three-foot cheater bar on the end of your ratchet. It may take some effort and may release with a snap that will tingle your fingers.

This is a good time to do a complete change of fluid (with Honda premix).

Remember to open the bleed bolt on the upper rad hose housing when refilling. Close it up (gently!!!) when fluid begins to dribble out.

And check carefully for leaks afterwards!

Reply to
Tegger