93 altima won't start when cold

Hello, I have an 93 Altima. In the morning, the engine crank, but will not start. After sitting under the sun for 5-6 hours then It will start. Once starts, It runs great. If the car is in the shade, It won't start at all. The car has new battery, alternator, starter, distributor, cap, wire, spark plugs. It sure has spark because I pulled out the wire and tested. I can hear the fuel pump. any advice?

Reply to
jimtheone

Interesting. Wherever you are, what is the temperature difference between no start shade, and in the sun? It is humid?

You might want to check the fuel pressure just to be sure what you have to work with. (Or, you could have someone turn it over while you feed it some starting fluid down the intake. Signs of life would more than likely indicate a fuel delivery problem of some sort)

Ive seen another ricerocket that behaved a little like the one you describe. The mechanic found something hanging up in the air inlet to the throttle body, freed it up, sprayed it with lubricant, and that fixed it. Unfortunately I don't know any more than that.

Reply to
<HLS