93 Cutlass Supreme engine mount

Please see

earlier discussion of this problem. The first time brakes are applied in forward (after reversing and braking) a clunking noise is heard (louder inside car) which seems to come from the floorboard near the center of the car. The same thing occurs to a lesser degree the first time brakes are applied in reverse. I also noticed a large amount of engine movement and clunking noise when shifting into reverse. This movement is more than what is seen when shifting into drive. I replaced the torque struts which were wore out, but this did not eliminate either of the symptoms mentioned above. I found a transaxle mount (triangular shape) on the drivers side of the engine which didn't seem to be terrible. Now I'm wondering if there is another mount more towards the center or passenger side that is in terrible condition. If so how do I get to these to replace them (I think I have access to an engine hoist). Thanks for any more ideas!

Reply to
Andrew Sasak