'93 Olds 88 - does this sound like a battery problem

I have a '93 Olds 88 with the original battery. I took a long trip (250 miles) on Sun. so the battery should have been fully charged. On Tues. it started OK, I went someplace, and four hours later I came out and it made the clicking sound characteristic of a low battery. I got a jump start and let it idle a while when I got home. After that I turned it off and it started right up again. The battery appeared good. 4 hours later it was almost completely dead. Lights were dim, etc.

Does this sound like it could be a battery problem or something draining the battery while the car is off? Any suggestions on how I could tell or how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

With that many years, I'd replace the battery while it is convenient to do so--it owes you nothing. Auto Zone will check your alternator output if you can get it to them running. HTH & good luck, sdlomi.

Reply to
sdlomi