93 S10 Blazer won't start w/out starting fluid/dies shortly after

HELLO, I AM NEW TO YOUR SITE, I HAVE READ SEVERAL POSTS W/SAME PROBLEM, BUT I NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE. I REPLACED THE COMPUTER BRAIN, THE FUEL PUMP AND FILTER, REMOVED BOTH INJECTORS CLEANED REPLACED GASKETS/ORINGS, HAD THE IGNITION MOD TESTED/PASSED TESTED THE PRESSURE TO FUEL PUMP, THAT IS RIGHT, TESTED INJECTORS THATS OKAY. I'M AT THE END OF MY ROPE, HUSBAND (15A MASTER TECH) HAS CHECKED EVERYTHING HE CAN THINK OF. ANYTHING ELSE WE CAN CHECK? IT WILL STAY RUNNING IF THE GAS PEDAL IS DEPRESSED AS SOON AS I LET UP IT DIES. HELP PLEASE, STUMPED IN ONTARIO THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP IN THIS MATTER

Reply to
CHUCKIESWEBB

For starters, all capitals on usenet normally means you are SHOUTING at someone. ;-)

I have seen those symptoms happen a fair number of times up here in the rust belt when the ground strap to the body fails. The vehicle then steals the ground and the gas pedal cable is a common theft route with the radio being second.

On GM's the mesh ground strap usually runs from the bell housing to the body and it just up and rots because it is open to the elements.

To test this, I run a booster cable from the battery negative to a metal point (I scrape paint if needed to get to the metal) on the firewall or fender and see if the symptoms change.

Hope this helps,

Mike

CHUCKIESWEBB wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
Shep

I think Shep has the idea...it sounds like the EGR valve is leaking or the MAP sensor is leaking vacuum to the EGR at idle.

A quick test, disconnect and plug the vacuum side of the MAP sensor to the EGR valve. If engine idles and doesn't stall, MAP may be bad, if it stalls EGR may need cleaning or replaced.

If things don't change, then it may be a problem with the IAC.

sjm1

Shep wrote:

Reply to
sjm1.pitt