94 Acclaim PARTLY fixed, need more ideas

Summary to date: for a month or three the car would die quietly at stop lights. In the last week the car started to run very badly and throw a code.

Fixed: the latest problem. I noticed coolant circulation problems and got suspicious of the radiator cap, replaced it. Now the car doesn't have its fits of running very badly.

Still to go: car dies quietly at stop lights, very occasionally. It appears this happens after five to ten minutes of running steadily at a good speed (40 MPH or better) followed by a stop. Car will also display "check engine" light out of the blue *without* stalling, code reader gives "MAP sensor output voltage too high".

Reply to
clifto

Try cleaning the throttle body, if it is dirty it will cause that problem.

I would just replace the MAP sensor. They are cheap and the used to fail quite often back then.

Reply to
Mike