94 Taurus mysterious trannsmission leak

I have a 94 Taurus wagon and have a weird transmission (AXOD Metric on the pan) leak I can't find. The other day, my wife was driving it and called me saying it was revving and not moving, then jerking forwards. I had her stop the car and I went to meet her. When she started it back up, I looked under the car and the trans fluid was coming out in a steady stream onto the ground and the car wouldn't move. The leak appeared to be near the front of the trans close to the engine. Unfortunately, the car is too low to get my head under far enough to see exactly where the leak was. I had the car towed and have since added some fluid and now the car moves forward and reverse. However, the leak is gone!!

I currently have the car up on ramps, and simply cannot find where it could have been leaking from. The leak was fast enough that she left a nice, long trail of fluid down the road and into the parking lot where she stopped. Now, it doesn't drip at all. Any ideas what it could be or how to reproduce the leak? I don't really want to drive the car in it's current condition and have doubts that a trans shop could find the leak because it simply stopped leaking for now.

TIA, Chris Z.

Reply to
Chris Z.

Torque converter or front trannie seal? Maybe ran too hot and puked. Will probably do it again so you better keep an eye on it. Be sure to check where the two lines comes out of the trannie into the radiator cooler. drivers side, towards the front of the car. Those lines have a retainer on them. On one i had they seemed to be loose, but they were not leaking

BOB

"Chris Z." wrote:

Reply to
BOB URZ