95 chevy astro(IAC)

I was woundering if someome can help me. The check engine light comes on and I read a code (35) iac can not control idle. I have replaced the IAC and reset the computer but it still comes on at idle. Does anyone now what the normal operating perameters are for the IAC? I do own a scan tool and can see live data but dont know what normal should be.

Reply to
librahome

What is the idle RPM in; neutral drive What is the IAC count in; neutral drive

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Check for a vacuum leak or faulty EGR valve (not EGR controller). Too big of a leak, and the IAC cannot control the idle speed. Is it idling higher than normal? If it is idling slower than normal, your fuel pressure may be too high, (various causes), and the IAC cannot compensate for it.

Reply to
Steve Walker