95 Chevy Lumina A/C & Heat Problem

Hello everyone

I have a 1995 Chevy 3.1 Liter v6 car 4 door Heating and A/C problem. I have heat, I have A/C but the Climate Controls at any setting doesn't switch from directing air flow. When selecting air flow to go out at feet when on heat then when wanting to direct air flow to and out defrost area at windshield for example. The control will change fan speed fine though. Normally when you change and select air flow to go from defrost mode from windshield to floor feet setting you can hear the a duct flapper or air flow panel move and change. Now I don't hear any duct flapper or air flow director move anymore. Its now Feb. 4,

2007 cold winter, thankgoodness it blows heat hot and fine and it seems the air flow flapper or what ever is between air coming out at windshield and feet area. I did find on ebay a 95 chevy lumina car climate control panel with switches. I some how don't think its the control, it maybe some how the air flow flapper or what ever stuck or motor that moves the air flow director or flapper. How hard is it to get to duct and or area to see flapper or what ever? Has anyone had a similiar issue? I had a bud email me and say he had a rat or rodant or vermin to get up in his car duct work and croak blocking his. I don't smell any dead animal at all. This has been this way for a good while now. I am 99.9% sure its not a dead animal blocking the flapper.

I sure would appreciate any input and help please, please!

PLEASE E-MAIL ME if you will snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Thanks from eztechguy

Reply to
eztechguy

Those vents are operated by engine vacuum - you will have to determine if the diaphragm to that door is at fault or a vacuum line leak - A novice may perhaps take all day to identify and repair! I'd recommend that you take it in, and describe in detail what the issue is!

Reply to
Daryl Bryant