95 Corolla slowish wipers

My 95 Corolla wipers have become somewhat slow. I read in other posts that the pivots or linkage should be lubed. Could this solve the problem or is the motor going? How do I lube the pivots? I'm not too happy to take apart the wipers.

Reply to
Dan

Good idea.

The motor will eventually go if you keep running it without lubrication.

On the Corolla I don't think it's all THAT hard to get to, but you are going to have to take the cover off and get into the compartment where the motor is. I recommend using Super-Lube spray, which is a thick grease mixed with a thin vehicle... you can spray it and it will get into tight places, then the vehicle evaporates and leaves grease behind. Easier than tearing the whole thing down and almost as effective.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Dan wrote in news:1186907811.790131.231710 @d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

How often do the wipers get used?

Reply to
Tegger

In 25 years of driving, I've never had to do that. New cars and very much not new.

Something else is wrong, like using double- or triple-blade wipers, or maybe having done so in the past. Such silly things put too much drag on the motors in addition to not working much better than normal blades.

Reply to
Bob M.

I only use single blade wipers. The wipers are used sevral times a week. Can someone tell me how do I reach the pivots/linkage? Is there a way to lube the pivots w/o taking apart too many things?

Reply to
Dan