95 Dodge Grand Caravan heating system problem

3.3 engine. Low temperature heat, temperature increases as engine speed increases. Gauge holds steady and hasn't changed lower or higher since problem started. Changed coolant heater flow valve, then thermostat. Checked all vacuum doors, and heater cable. Everything is functioning properly. Next on the agenda is flush heater core, but it looks like a real PITA if I make it leak. I worked on it for 4 hours tonight, then gave up. Assuming the inlet and outlet of the heater core are the same size, can I swap the lines, and run it for a while? I'll drain & refill with water a few times if this is possible, to clean out any gunk. My anti-freeze looks clean and green, with no residue floating in it. I don't want to put any large pressure into it, i.e. garden hose. Neighbor says water pump, but that's last. BTW, how do you get the drain out of the radiator to change it? It has a slow drip since draining it to change the above mentioned items.

Thanks, Steve Walker

Reply to
Steve Walker