'95 LeSabre Engine Swap Grrrrrrrrrr!

I've got a 95 lesabre that I am changing the engine on. I've got everything unbolted. 5 bolts removed from the Trans-Motor, including the one between the trans and motor on the rear side (BTW, is there a way to get to this bolt without 36" of extensions 2 universals and a deep socket). Now the problem I can't separate the engine and trans. Did I miss a bolt? Help.

Reply to
KenG

Yep. At least you got the tough one. Make sure all yer torque convertor bolts are out.

Respectfully submitted,

Loren Knighton Woodland, CA.

Under the hood since 1964 Member TRNI IATN

BACKNCARDR

"Harry Balzak" wrote

No, on the later model 3800 engines, there are only 5 bolts.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

"KenG" wrote

That's the way I get at the bolt, so you did that part right. You have the bracket between the trans and the engine unbolted? The one down by right front of the engine? As Loren mentioned, torque convertor bolts? And, often these engines develop a lot of corrosion at the dowel pins and can be quite tight initially. I often use a large pry bar, or a large screwdriver to get the transmission off of those engine dowels. Also, make sure that you have the engine and trans supported properly, if you have the full weight of the trans hanging on those dowels, she will be hard to get apart.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to