95 Mercury Grand Marquis Flasher not working

Question: 95 Mercury Grand Marquis V-8 mileage: 103,000. The hazard flasher and directional signal stop working. The owners guide indicates that it is in the fuse box under the dashboard, but it is not. In the panel there is a cut-out for the flasher, but there is no flasher there, nor are there any electrical leads in the panel if I even wanted to replace it. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Reply to
spdarren

It could be a failure of the "multifunction switch" which is notorious for going bad on these cars. In English, it's the turn signal switch in the steering column. I haven't done a replacement yet but expect to soon since mine is getting touchy about the wipers. I hear it is not a bad job but to be sure to get the right one from the dealer, the '95 is different from the newer ones...

PoD (was F&P)

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

I also have a 95 model with same problems- No turn signal lights left or right, no emergency light, and no brake lights except the center mounted light. I have called a local Mercury dealer and found out that there is no $5.00 turn signal/hazard flasher not like what it said on the manual. Instead, there is a $291.00 part called Solid state LIGHTING CONTROL MODULE located below and to the right of steering column. Also I have never dealt with any cars with no access to check light bulbs. In my case, I believe the problem is not the Multi--Switch because the brake lights doesn't come on when I press on the brake pedal. But I am not sure. Before I spend $291.00, I'd like to know exactly what's wrong, Lighting Control Module, Multi--Switch, or Light bulbs. Can anyone help?

Reply to
leeent