96 Chev 4x4 5.7L starter

I bought the new starter for My truck but the case is larger than the one I just removed. I held it in place and the trans cooling lines would rub but it looks like it would bolt up ok..I think the smaller bodied starter is probably original equipment but do'nt know for sure..I would hate for the engine vibrations to wear on the trans lines..I could wrap the lines in that area but then always be worried the wrap will come off and ruin the lines.. Any permanent fixes other than returning the starter for a smaller one? The part stores are closed for Good Friday and My familys' Easter get together is tomorrow about a 3 hour drive away.. I do'nt want to use the larger starter for a day or two then return it for a smaller one,that just is'nt "right". Thanks. Dean

Reply to
The Shirker

Are the trans lines metal ? If so just bend them out of the way so they don't rub on the starter. Be careful not to kink them by bending them too far.

Reply to
Mike

My Brother said the same thing then added "but the way Your luck has been going maybe You better not",heh heh.. I will take a better look at what shape(corrosion) the lines are in come morning and decide then. I did give a light tug on them once but did'nt want to wreck anything. Thanks Mike.

Reply to
The Shirker