96 gmc yukon

1996 gmc Yukon v8 vortec keeps burning out fuel pumps anyone know what's goin on? Any help will be greatly appreciated
Reply to
theshoppabr
1996 gmc Yukon v8 vortec keeps burning out fuel pumps anyone know what's goin on? Any help will be greatly appreciated
Reply to
theshoppabr
1996 gmc Yukon v8 vortec keeps burning out fuel pumps anyone know what's goin on? Any help will be greatly appreciated
Reply to
theshoppabr
1996 gmc Yukon v8 vortec keeps burning out fuel pumps anyone know what's goin on? Any help will be greatly appreciated
Reply to
theshoppabr

what kind of pumps are you replacing them with? are you also replacing the wire harness end?

Reply to
jfrancis311

You're putting in rebuilds from a chain store, let me guess?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I'm putting in OEM fuel pumps from the dealer

Reply to
theshoppabr

Are you changing the harness pigtail? Does the connector look at all melted? The last pump of this vintage I did came with a completely different connector on the pump. Also the corresponding harness pigtail. It was a Carter pump.

Reply to
Steve Austin