96 Pontiac Transport 3.4 engine

I have a 96 Pontiac Tranport with a 3.4l. The engine siezed up. Also, problems with transmission. I understand before 96 they used 3.1 liter engine in Transports and Luminas. I recently found a 3.1 GM engine. Would I be able to use a 3.1 engine in my Transport? What problems would i have?? Any computer or sensors problems???? What other vehicle engines would work?

Reply to
poormechanic

Shep

This would be a full swap, you'll need to swap the computer, wiring harness, and accessories. You'll have an easier time finding another 3.4 and installing it instead. Keep in mind you only relly need the short block, and take the heads to a machine shop for an inexpensive rebuild.

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan