'97 Accord Heater Blend Switch Broke

OK, here we are in June & I actually had to put the heat up a little in my car this A.M. well, when I turned the temp knob clockwise, I felt a 'looseness' to it and no heat. Can anyone give me a visual idea on what's behind the panel? I'd imagine a type of cable or something? Is it difficult to take that panel out to get behind it to fix? This is a 1997 Honda Accord EX it has a/c if that matters. Thanks for any input! Jay

Reply to
The Doctor

The Doctor wrote in news:f4dc1795-a34e-4121-a4a0- snipped-for-privacy@a30g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

Almost certainly a potentiometer or variable capacitor with a switch built into it. Certainly not a mechancal linkage

So *not* user fixable by any means.

Reply to
chuckcar