97 Acura Integra Coupe, Headlight Assembly filled with water

Hi, The headlight assembly(driver's side) is filled with water. needless to say, the headlight has burnt out.

In this case, does the entire assembly have to be replaced? if so, i'm looking at around $450 not counting labor.

Would anybody recommend just drying out the assembly and using a sealant of some kind to seal up the assembly? or is this a bad idea and a waste of time?

Thanks.

Reply to
raj

I would try it, if you can get the water out, then use something like automotive goop to seal it. If it doesn't work, oh well, but you might save a lot of money. You could also drill a tiny pinhole near the bottom of the assembly - i've done that before for taillights that fill with water and it works. I don't know if a halogen could tolerate that though.

Reply to
Masospaghetti