97 Chevy Astro Heater / AC Vents Problem

So the heat and ac in my 97 Chevy Astro van only comes out the defroster, and the bottom of the passenger side legroom area. Nothing really comes out the vents. I know what the answer to this question is already, I think. A broken vacuum line.

Where do I locate this vacuum line? Is this something that I can do myself? I am fairly handy with tools (I changed my own alternator, do periodic maintenence myself). Is there anything else that could be causing this?

Reply to
protaghiro

My aunt had a 96 S10 with the same problem. The vacuum leak for her was right under the hood ... there was (at least on her truck) a vacuum canister attached to the underside of the hood with a hose hanging off it. Reattaching the hose solved the problem. Hopefully this helps you.

Reply to
Walter